About the company
At CrowdAI we use our cutting edge deep learning technology to analyze satellite images and detect objects like roads and buildings. We analyze millions of square kilometers and work with leading satellite companies like Digital Globe and Planet Labs to sell our analytics to governments and commercial customers. We create our own custom web-based annotation tools to generate training data for our deep learning models, which are used by both internal and offshore annotators. CrowdAI was founded by Google, University of Oxford and UC Berkeley alumni, graduated from the YCombinator program (Summer ‘16) and raised $2 million in investments. We are currently a team of 8 ambitious and talented individuals in Mountain View, CA (moving to San Francisco in March ‘17).
Machine Learning Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
As a Machine Learning Software Engineer, you would be one of the first employees of CrowdAI. You’ll be working on large-scale computer vision problems, turning new ideas and the latest research into industry-leading enterprise solutions. You will be applying state of the art deep learning techniques to vast datasets of satellite, self-driving car, and drone imagery. You will be part of our machine learning team responsible for developing deep learning solutions end-to-end from data processing to architecture development to deployment.
- — Significant practical experience developing Deep Learning models.
- — Masters/PhD with specialization in Machine Learning or highly relevant experience
- — Knowledge of at least one of the Deep Learning frameworks TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch, Theano
- — Experience with Computer Vision (OpenCV preferred)
- — Solid software engineering skills across multiple languages including Python, C++
- — Experience with deployment on cloud infrastructure preferred
How to Apply
Send your resume to  firstname.lastname@example.org  and in three sentences or fewer, answer this question: What is a recent research paper you have read? Explain what you found the most interesting about it.
Frontend Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to take ownership of our front end development. You take pride in building intuitive and powerful interfaces for our annotators and deep learning engineers. You communicate proactively with users and stakeholders. You know that architecture, code quality and test coverage are important, but sometimes deadlines need to be met. You are comfortable working with large images and data sets. You understand server-side logic and, given time to ramp up, can contribute to a Rails application.
- — Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or similar experience.
- — At least 3 years of experience working in a team, including working for small startups
- — Experience designing and implementing web interfaces
- — Some experience with server side frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Flask, Django, Node)
- — Experience with collaboration tools (git, github, jira, etc)
- — A good eye for UX or graphic design
- — Experience with Geospatial data (embedding maps, WMS, Leaflet, gdal)
How to Apply
Send your resume to  email@example.com  and in three sentences or fewer, answer this question: What is a recent project that you had a major contribution in that made you very proud?